CI Festival, FUERTEVENTURA, January 2012

Daniel Wermer told me about the International Contact Improvisation Festival in Fuerteventura. And I immediatly jump in this amazing opportunity!!! Waaaooo my first CI festival, and in Fuertevenura!!!

10 days leaving in communauty in Lajares with 70 beautiful people, from everywhere (Germany, Spain, Hongary, Italy, Sweden, Russia...).
Contact improvisation workshops, Jams (video) every night indoor and outdoor, Site specific dance (sand dunes (video), volcanoes, beaches, lagoons, ocean waves), performances in the local theater,
 Increible landscapes, deep awareness of our body thanks to the nature element (water, wind, earth, sun...). Here Marina video of all the Festival.

I really start feeling that I love dance outside. I enjoyed so much being in the nature but also dancing in the public place of the village!!!

Teachers: Daniel Wermer & Gabriele neumann, Elske Seidel, Markus Hoft, Morkshia Roland Frenzel, Trinidad Martinez, Jo Blowers.

I had very strong experience when I was in the desert. It was so similar to the Moroccan desert... I really felt that "they" were calling me from the other side of Atlantic ocean edge... Lying on the sand, my blue skarf moving with the wind,  I was in a berber tent, smelling the mint tea, watching to this litle girl dancing and jumping on the dunes... Mix of sadness and powerful connection with my roots!

I felt very good with all the particpants, I came alone and at the end of the Festival I received so many generous lovely friendship!!! New connections...
We organized for the last dinner a wonderful Moroccan style dinner: ceremony of the cleaning hands, then eating without flatware, and feeding us (wich is, I assume, a re-interpretation of the Moroccan practices, but much more fun!)

Here Stas Sumarokov' photos (amazing dancer and photograph):


No comments:

Post a Comment