BOSTON, NORTHAMPTON, End Aug Sept

Boston, such nice surprise. I din't know anything about this city. Walking around have been so great. Discovering the "passing time" through the amazing buildings (from the 18th century to today). Many parks, many artists in the street, is it the more relax New York? Again a litle voice told me, mmmh perhpas you can stay here...

Amazing surprise, when I recognized the sound of the Hurdy Gurdy in the corner of the old state house, of course I stop there to dance!!! Donald Heller is a real street artist... I came back other time to discuss and dance with him and his doc Makie!
 I have been quiet inspired by Boston and spend 2 days to dance in the street. I remember  one afternoon, where I decide to dance in a round square ate the bottom of a Hospital in the Center. Many people were sitting there. Almonst people from the Hospital. Kind of heavy atmosphere. I start to move discretly from a bench and litle by litle expanding in all the square. Sprinding around me my joy. At the begining, the people was watching me discretly and perplexed. But then they start to react very positively, giving me more joy with their generous smiles! Some guys didn't understand when I refused money... "so why do you dance here if you don't need money??", "because I am free to dance everywhere! And my body wanted to move right here and now...".

At this moment of my trip, I really need to have some break... and to meditate about my summer experperience... I dance a litle: one afternoon, with my angel Neige (link to the video of our impro).

And also I went to a score organized by Oliver Besson in the Boston Conservatory. Such a nice group! and amazing sounds-mucic improviser Taki Masuko.

Here you have all the informations about Contact improvisation in Boston

Olivier kindly invite me to his place, in Belmont (presence of the nature and quiet-silent place), to have my time of meditation and writing... We share some interesting discussion. One very interesting subject for me at his moment was the emptiness, the silence and the stilness... He reveal me the japonese MA concept (negative space).
I also share with him my interest in the Linguistic. I am French speaker but all my dance, somatic training and communities are in English or Spanish languages.
In Morocco, it will be a very interesting work for me to find the French and Arabic interpretation (yes further than simple translation!) of all these concepts... Like it! I have been always playing to compare the languages I spoke.
A good one I found with Olivier: in French "Stillness" is "Immobilité". Here I am more "agree" with the English word, because in French it implies that the "Immobilité" is the opposite of "mobilité", which is not true. The Stillness in not the non-mobility as the silence is not the non-sound...


From Boston,  I went to Main with Brando. He was participating to an amazing training with Tom Myers of Structural Integration.
I was already in a phase of investigation on the Fascia layers in Contact improvisation but being with this people all a week have been so instructive.
During the day I was with my writing tasks and enjoing the beautiful and rich nature of Maine (I discover so many animals that I ever seen before...). And the city is for me really representative of my fantasy images I had of USA...

And during the evening sharing time with the training participants (yoga teacher, ostheopath, body worker...), they were so enthusiam, it has been so good to listening and trying to understand some staff inside this"chineese anatomic vocabulary"... I really liked the IS approach (fascia layer and tensegrity concept) and starting wtih buying his book (in Spanish). I think that it can be also a good support for me for dance improvisation workshop I would like to give in the future...

One evening, Brando and I offered to the training participants (and also to Tom Myers, who loves CI) a workshop of Contact improvisation called "the long camino", moving trough the layers... above skin, skin, fat beneath skin, fascia profundis, muscle, periosteum, and bones.

From Maine, I go with Brando to Northampton. Discovering the famous Northampton, so many people I met and love from Earthdance and Dance Camp are living there!
There, I have been dancing almonst everyday! Jams in Northampton or in Earthdance (which is quiet close), and also CI lab with Brando
Of course I participate to the VIDAM jam, amazing space in the Earth of Northampton, live music (with high level musicians: Mike Vargas, Bob Weiner, Stephen Katz and my dear friends John Hughes and Moti Mark Zemelman). Very high quality jam, the group is an old group with new people but there quality is that you feel a very deep listening of the space, of the group, of the partner and themselves. I love them! all of them, I feel like at home with them!
I also went to ecstatic dance party. Let's talk about these parties. I discover this concept in the Dance Camp and I love it because I was always doing it (but a lot of time alone...). Ecstatic dance is very well developed in USA and start litle by litle in Europe. The principles are simple and so powerful:
- Move however you wish
- No talking on the dance floor
- Respect yourself and one another
- Drug and alcool free space
- barefoot
- no photo, video...
a freeform movement space, so much joy... I love it (and also would like to import it in Morocco)

And the best of the end, my meeting with Authentic Movement. I heard about it before of course but never stop to know it. One day, dancing in the top of the mountains of Northampton, Brando proposed me to do some authentic movement. 10 minutes each one. Deep experience for me. I remember to start feeling the sun shining on my body, the wind caressing my nake, hearing the birds, and then litle by litle letting my body moving, sensing very deeply every movement, every braith, images, feelings, I was completly revolutionized by this new state. I was here but in the mountains but also inside myself, connected with my inner simple me... Witnessing Brando have been also a new way of feeling my body through the movement of other personn, strange connection.

So simple and so powerful. I get a special Contact Quartely dedicated to AM and read it again and again... I was feeling some very strong link with it...


I had to leave USA, for Visa issue, so I decide to come back to Montreal for 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment