EARTHDANCE, July 4th Jam

In Montréal, Manon and Francine from the CI community invited me to come with them to the July 4th jam in Earthdance.
The first time I heard about Earthdance, it has been in Kiev some month ago, when Blake Nellis wanted to introduce me to the first Moroccan CI dancer Ali Skalli... Principle of a nice strory!

I was so excited to go to Earthdance and to meet the East coast CI Community. During the jam I dance with many dancers from Montréal and the rest came from New York, Boston, Nothampton but also San Francisco (I met again Brenton Cheng, first time has been in Kiev).
Let's talk about Earthdance, I feel very connected with this place because it put together a lot of my principles of life and also it's a good inspiration for my project in Morocco.
Earthdance began in 1986, when a group of dancers and artists in Boston joined together to cultivate a place for creative expression. Purchasing 175 acres of land in the Western Massachusetts, they planted the seeds of community.
Today, Earthdance is an internationally recognized presenter of workshops, contact improvisation jams, performances, and community events, drawing thousands of people to the area each year. People cherish Earthdance as a “home,” and their volunteer program draws creative individuals from all over the world who are interested in contributing to community, dance, art, and the running of a vibrant nonprofit organization.
Nancy Stark Smith organize every year 3 weeks training in January of Dance improvisation.
Also, it's not surprenant to meet Steve Paxton or Lisa Nelson there. In november 2012, they both gave a workshop (Materials for the Spine and Tuning Scores).
Every June, Earthdance organize the Nomadic College (Axis Syllabus with Frey Faust and many others teachers).

My first contact in Earthdance has been amazing.
Dancing all the day and all the night with amazing dancers... begining of new friendships... and welcoming in a new Community.
 

Here I found my first Community.
All my life, I was rejected all kind of Community around me French, Moroccan, lawyer, hippie, anarchist,...but in the same time feeling so alone!
I love deeply this Community. So deep, that I don't need to live with them, I have the same seed inside me, a seed to plant here where I am (Europe - Morocco and the world!)




No comments:

Post a Comment